Friday, February 7, 2014

Girl power

Silent as stone and can't get her hands in anything. Perfect.

I believed for a long time that men and women in the Church were equal. I believed that because I was told that's how it was. Bit by bit, however, I began to realize that the facts do not support this idea. Mormon women get little besides lip service from the Church hierarchy; they're decision making power is essentially nil. Mormon women are put on a pedestal and kept under under glass. The stats speak for themselves.


The question is, why would Heavenly Father, a perfect being who loves all his children equally, be okay with this? Isn't the Church's treatment of women a worthy reason to doubt the rectitude of the organization and it's leaders? It's certainly enough to make myself and others step away.

No comments:

Post a Comment